Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oregon vacation 2007

I went to visit my good friend Tina in Oregon. I flew into Portland and we immediately headed for Seaside. After checking into the Shilo we ate at Doogers. Bummed around downtown and later headed to the bumper cars and put-put but they were closed for the night. We did do "Dance, Dance, Revolution" at the arcade and I sucked rocks (it was my first time)! The guy after me was great and even juggled while he did it. Seaside was hot and sunny. I loved it. We also hit Astoria, Oregon; Home to The Goonies! I think I will venture to Astoria in 2010 for the 25-year anniversary of the movie. Tina and I stopped and took pics at the Goon Docks. We saw some grandparents with what looked like 13 year-old granddaughters coming to take pictures as well. I love that the movie is a cult classic and still watched by the youngins.Oregon was beautiful and green as ever! Not sure that I could live there year-round, but what a beautiful state.
draft
by dixieandrea

No comments: